AECOM Aircraft Mechanic 3 in Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
United States of America - Alaska, Eielson Air Force Base
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic 3 Specialist Section Lead in support of U.S. Air Force aircraft support equipment at Eielson Air Force Base, AK. This position falls under a collective bargaining agreement (CBA).
Production Aircraft Mechanic 3 Specialist Section Lead
Business Line Government
Position Title Avionics Mechanic 1 – $38.14/hour with wage supplement of $2.00/hour for the first year as well as $5.75 per hour to offset cost of benefits and additional opportunities for overtime.
United States of America – Alaska, Eielson Air Force Base
Candidates must apply online at
www.aecom.jobs For further information call James D. Johnson at
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for inspecting, training personnel, and performing organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance/modification on contract units, sub-systems, support equipment and related weapons system. Advise team members and solve unusual maintenance problems by analysis and test on missiles, airframes, engines, flight control, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, etc.
1) Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
2) Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
3) Will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
4) Provides lower level technicians guidance in aircraft repair and technical inspection techniques and procedures according to directives, technical manuals, work standards and operational policies.
5) Participates in supervising employees, disciplinary actions, and in the hiring process for new hires and promotions.
6) Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Candidates must apply online at
For further information call James D. Johnson at
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license. Seven (7) years actual and recent aircraft, vehicle or missile, or related weapon system experience required. One year experience on F-16 aircraft or fighter type aircraft is required. Must meet the requirements set forth in AFI 21-101. Incumbent requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems. Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required. Incumbent must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike; must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule. Previous supervisory experience desired. Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Fighter Aircraft experience desired.
What We Offer
No Personal tools required provided at the site
Opportunities for Overtime
TDY's required to destinations like Guam and Australia
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 217002BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.