AECOM Propulsion Mechanic 1 in Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
United States of America - Alaska, Eielson Air Force Base
- THIS IS A CONTINGENT REQUISITION *
Business Line Government
Position Title Propulsion Mechanic 1 - $31.92/hour with a wage supplement and $5.50 per hour to offset cost of benefits and additional opportunities for overtime
United States of America – Alaska, Eielson Air Force Base
Candidates must apply online at www.aecom.jobs For further information call James D. Johnson at 678-489-3796
AECOM is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic I (Propulsion Specialist) support of U.S. Air Force F-16’s (Block 30) aircraft at Eielson AFB, AK.
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for inspecting and performing organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance/modification on contract units, sub-systems, support equipment and related weapons system. Advise team members and solve unusual maintenance problems by analysis and test engines, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, etc.
1) Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty.
2) Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components.
3) Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions.
4) Applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures’ manuals
5) Test engine operations, using testing equipment to locate source of malfunction.
6) Receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician.
7) Will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
8) Will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
9) Performs line maintenance, related to aircraft servicing, pre-flight inspections, post-flight inspections, trouble-shooting/repair & replacing aircraft system components to include: propulsion systems and components, performs engine Flightline blade blending and engine borescope inspections.
10) Inspects jet engine turbine blades to detect cracks, distortion, corrosion, burn-out, security, or breaks, tests engine operation, using testing equipment, such as ignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, ammeter, and jet calibration (Jetcal) tester, to locate source of malfunction.
11) Work involves: replacing or repairing worn or damaged components, alternators, fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, and engine mounted gearboxes, and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment; removing engine from aircraft, using hoist or forklift truck, disassembling and inspecting parts for wear, cracks, security, or other defects, and repairing or replacing defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
12) Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, performs preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
13) May be required to jack and tow aircraft, enters in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily, may service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition, may specialize in work, repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies, and may specialize in engine repair
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school graduate or equivalent is required. Five (3) years actual and recent, vehicle or missile, or related weapon systems experience required. The Propulsion Specialist/Aircraft Mech I technician will possess a minimum of 2A651 or equivalent experience. Experience is F-16 or fighter aircraft. May be required to be licensed by Federal Aviation Administration. Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have basic knowledge of electrical theory, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers. Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to weapon systems and vehicles. Must have knowledge of the scope and limitation of various categories of maintenance and their application to the contract unit. Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; electrical and electronic; pneudraulic; and mechanical principles. Knowledge of sheet metal, properties of materials, fuels, and oils. Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components. Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
Desired experience is for F-16 or other fighter aircraft.
What We Offer
Base Housing Opportunity
No Personal tools required provided at the site
Opportunities for Overtime
TDY's required to destinations like Guam and Australia
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 199938BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.