AECOM Woodcraft Worker in Fort Campbell, Kentucky
United States of America - Kentucky, Fort Campbell
Purpose and Scope:
Performs maintenance and finish carpentry and millwork necessary in new construction, modification, maintenance and/or repair of buildings, structures and/or items, with complete responsibility for attention to and completion of all details of a project.
1) Perform routine maintenance/repair of interior and exterior facilities including roofs, windows, sidewalks, fences and exterior walls.
2) Perform routine workspace construction and remodeling using basic building skills such as carpentry, masonry, drywall, flooring, and ceiling installation, and plumbing.
3) Plan and schedule work from authorized work orders and perform quality assurance and quality control functions in process and upon completion.
4) Perform routine and non-routine troubleshooting/problem identification and resolution.
5) Reads and interprets blueprints, specifications, sketches and work orders to determine dimensions and material required.
6) Follows assignments through to completion from initial layout to final assembly.
7) Performs millwork, rough and finish work necessary to complete the assignment.
8) Constructs, modifies, maintains, sets, relocates, aligns, levels, plumbs, installs or removes wood or metal framing, siding, ceiling, decking, flooring, inside and outside trim, steps, railing, hardware, doors and window units, built-ins, counters, shelves, partitions, beam, trusses, attic and window fans, acoustical ceiling, etc.
9) Lays out and constructs more difficult types of wooden articles and structures such as cabinets, doors, windows, frames, racks, trim, combination book cases and shelves, offices, conference room, etc., using such fine woods as mahogany, walnut, birch and cherry.
10) Fits/assembles/secures component members by using nails, screws, belts, tamping, clips, dowels, glue, etc.
11) Plans and sands completed articles to prescribed finish.
12) Uses hand tools of the trade.
13) Installs and/or replaces glass or metal louvers in wood or metal doors.
14) Performs incidental operation of vehicles up to ½ ton capacity.
15) Installs, repairs and maintains aluminum and asbestos siding.
16) Performs brush painting of primer coat.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Must be able to lift 50 lbs with or without accommodation.
Must utilize all proper lifting procedures and practices.
Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Must be able to work at heights.
Must be able to climb in and out of vehicles of various sizes and heights
Must be able to work under pressure and strenuous conditions.
Must be able to meet short suspense dates.
Must be able to conduct work in the out-of-doors area with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions (i.e. extreme temperatures, high humidity, rain and blowing dust).
Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of stooping; climbing; standing; and sitting for long periods of uninterrupted time.
May require shift work.
May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty including nights, weekends, and holidays.
During the usual work period, the worker may be exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Five or more years’ recent experience in the field consistent with the requirements set forth in the contract.
Must have or be able to obtain site forklift and other licenses/certifications as needed to perform duties.
Must have a valid and current state driver’s license.
Must be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle
Must possess knowledge and proper use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks.
Must possess basic computer skills
Must have the ability to read, interpret, and apply Technical Manual instructions, publications, and safety rules.
Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Position may require travel.
Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks
Ability to work in a team environment
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Logistics and Supply Chain
Business Line Government
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 193078BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.