AECOM Electrical Engineer - Technical Services Engineer 6 in Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Business Line Government
Position Title Electrical Engineer - Technical Services Engineer 6
United States of America - Tennessee
AECOM is seeking a
Electrical Engineer - Technical Services Engineer 6 to be based in our
Oak Ridge, TN location. The Engineer is responsible for performing as a lead and expert on the most complex engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems and generally recognized as an expert in significant engineering task areas.
1) Perform a range of design development, analysis, or review tasks independently providing supervision of contributing engineers.
2) Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews independently or as the team leader.
3) Generate complete design specifications for the most complex projects.
4) Acts as and is recognized as a Company/industry expert resource on the most complex engineering problems.
5) May lead engineering teams and act as a mentor to engineering team members.
6) May train other engineers on technical issues related to the research, design, development, testing and analysis of engineering assignments.
7) Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
8) Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
9) Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
10) Direct interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
11) Conduct site visits and experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
12) Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
13) Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
14) Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
15) May provide technical management and leadership to a group of employees for a given project, contract or job with overall responsibility for cost, schedule technical and employee performance.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and background.
Relocation benefits are available for this position.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with 10 years of job related experience
Excellent communications and analytical skills;
Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs;
Some positions may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software;
Position may require travel.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Most work is in a typical of office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, sitting with the use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Some assignments involve work in environments (e.g., industrial plants, labs, outside locations, etc.) where mechanical and electrical equipment, etc. are being installed, tested, analyzed/monitored, operated, and/or maintained. Equipment may be loud and noisy or have exposed moving components. Such positions may involve routine lifting up to 20 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required.
Master degree in Electrical Engineering
Experience with DOE
PE License Preferred
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 191751BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.