AECOM Engineering Technician 3 in Odon, Indiana
United States of America - Indiana, Odon
Provide support to engineering and design staff in a variety of engineering tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, fabrication, construction and operation of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
1) Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at company and client sites.
2) Perform/assist with test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks. Perform validations/ verifications of various electronic systems.
3) Review Engineering Change Proposals for equipment impacts.
4) Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions.
5) Develop technical/engineering data for Planned Maintenance Systems, technical drawing updates, operating procedures, and maintainability improvements.
6) Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise.
7) Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status, inventory and time keeping records.
8) Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, fabrication and other engineering tasks as needed.
9) Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
10) This is a Part Time on call opportunity.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Vocational/technical training beyond high school and at least 3 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Electronics degree preferred with experience reading schematic diagrams as well as the ability to use an Oscilloscope and Multi-Meter. Excellent electronic troubleshooting skills required. Demonstrated Electronics experience can be substituted for degree. Experience and working knowledge of computer systems such as UYQ-21, UYA-4, UYQ-43 or UYK-7 is required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Good communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Government
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Part-time Variable
Requisition/Vacancy No. 190349BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.